- Product Description
- EOTech Statement
- Customer Reviews
the L-3 EOTech EXPS3-2 holographic red-dot sight provides rapid heads-up-both-eyes-open target acquisition. Sporting a shortened form factor like the original XPS3, The EXPS3-2 also boasts a repeatable quick release throw-lever mount.
Because it's powered by a single transverse-mounted CR123A battery, the EXPS3 is shorter than the N and AA battery versions - yet it delivers the same parallax-free sighting capabilities. This sight requires a mere 2.75" of rail space, and the battery compartment is raised to accommodate the Delta Ring of most M16/AR15 platform firearms. The base is configured with a 7.0mm rise to accommodate hand guards and instant access to BUIS. The battery cap is a simple screw-type cover that's o-ring sealed and tethered to the housing.
The control buttons have been placed on the left side of the rugged aluminum housing for ease of operation with a rear-mounted night vision device. The illuminated reticle is configured with a 65 MOA circle and a pair of 1 MOA dots - the illumination system provides the operator with 30 brightness levels to choose from, 10 of which are compatible with night vision gear.
Designed for today's high-tech battlefield; the EXPS3-2 is submersible to a depth of 33', and the QR throw-lever mount is repeatable to 2 MOA after remounting. The rear window is a 3/16" thick shatterproof laminate with anti-glare and scratch resistant coatings, and the front lens is 1/8" solid glass. Because the optical system is based upon transmission holography, parallax error is not an issue
- Front Window: 1/8" solid glass
- Rear Window: 3/16" shatter-resistant laminate
- Optical surfaces feature anti-glare lens coatings
- Heads-Up Display: eliminates blind spots and constricted vision
- Transmission holography - instantly visible in any light, parallax free
- Even if the laminated window is obstructed or damaged, the HWS remains fully operational. Provided a portion of the window is intact/visible, the entire reticle pattern will be seen on target, and the POI/POA will be maintained.
Use and Handling
- Powered by 1 CR123A: 600 hr run-time
- Operating temperature range: -40 to 150°F
- Automatic shut-down: 8 hr, programmable to 4 hr
- Battery check indicator: flashing reticle at start-up
- Precision adjustments: 1/2 MOA clicks, 40 MOA W&E correction
- Quick release throw-lever mount: compatible with Picatinny/Weaver systems
- Illuminated A65/1 Reticle: 65 MOA circle, two 1 MOA dots. 30 Brightness settings with scrolling feature, 10 NV compatible settings
- Color/finish: non-reflective black hard-coat
- Short-base form-factor requires 2.75" of rail space
- Internal optical system is sealed and fully fogproof
- Return to Zero: repeatable to 2 MOA after re-mount
- Submersible to 33.0'/10.1 m, fogproof internal optics
- Durable housing features a rugged aluminum hood assembly
- Function buttons location: positioned on the left side of the sight
- Battery compartment designed to fit/hover over the rifle's Delta Ring
- Integral mount is compatible with Mil-Std 1913 Picatinny systems, and it has a knobbed, tool-less mounting bolt
Will the HWS hold zero as temperature changes?
EOTech's sights will experience a point of impact shift away from the point of aim when the sight is used at a temperature different from the temperature at which the sight was zeroed. This shift is greater the more extreme the temperature change. For example, when a sight is zeroed at 70°F then acclimated to 50°F, less shift will occur. On the other hand, if zeroed at 70°F, then acclimated to 0°F, more shift could occur. The maximum shift will occur at temperature extremes and could be up to 5 MOA. Therefore, to acheive optimum accuracy, the sight should be re-zeroed whenever the temperature changes markedly from the temperature at which the sight was zeroed.
For more information, please see EOTech's FAQ Page at this link: EOtech FAQ Page
- We Also Recommend
- Related Products
- Recently Viewed