The Sako TRG 42 is a firearm for serious long-range competitions and can be equipped with a vast array of accessories to meet the most demanding requirements.
The TRG 42 in 300 Win Mag and .338 Lapua Mag is a true long-range precision tool for special forces or competitions. The stock is fully adjustable and reinforced with high-tech aluminum.
The solid vault-like action is cold hammer-forged from special steel alloy. Integral 17 mm axial scope mounting rails have integral recoil stop-slots on the top of the receiver. The sturdy bolt with three locking lugs feeds rounds flawlessly from the centerline of a detachable staggered 2-row magazine. It has a reliable feed for various ammunition types. The bolt lift is at a 60° angle for fast bolt throw.
The Sako TRG 22/42 2013 update introduced an improved recoil pad. This updated pad has refined material to reduce the feel of recoil, allowing for better control and recovery.
The 2013 TRG update also introduced a new trigger mechanism for both the 22 and 42 models. This new mechanism ensures improved safety measures in case the rifle is accidentally dropped. It also features a new safety lever, which is ergonomically positioned and designed to make it faster and more convenient to use. The TRG 22/42 bolt handle attachment has been improved to withstand even the roughest handling.
The TRG 42 2013 update introduced new double plungers. These make frequent cartridge ejection even more seamless.
The following states have restrictions on "high capacity" magazines:
- 10 Round- CA, MA, MD, NY, HI
- 15 Round- NJ
- We cannot ship to these states unless purchased by a Law Enforcement Agency
Gun Sales Are Permitted To Public Safety Only:
- Sworn Law Enforcement officers, including Federal, State, County, & City (Includes retired L.E. officers with "retired" credentials)
- EMT's, Fire Fighters, Volunteer Fire Fighters, and Paramedics
- Military personnel including Reservists and National Guard with I.D. (Includes retired Military with "retired" credentials)
- Corrections Officers, including Parole and Probation Officers
- State Licensed Security Companies (Loomis, RAM, etc.) also includes State Licensed Armed Security Officers
- Court Judges, District Attorneys and Deputy District Attorneys
- LE Academy Cadets with enrollment documentation from the Academy