Surefire Rapid Transition Sights - DD-RTS-SET
Dueck Defense Original Rapid Transition Sights (RTS) are designed for competition, but they're an invaluable complementary accessory to a magnified optic for anyone looking for a fast, smooth transition to iron sights. These ingenious, accurate sights provide shooters with the quickest, most efficient transition between longer-range shots taken with a magnified optical sight and closer-range target acquisition using iron sights. They were developed by Barry Dueck-SureFire Suppressor Division Director and top 3-Gun shooter-to help shave valuable time off of transitions during 3-Gun competitions.
Rapid Transition Sights mount directly to a weapon's MIL-STD-1913 (Picatinny) rail and are offset from center by 45 degrees. This unique offset position makes transitioning from a magnified optical sight to iron sights simply a matter of canting your wrists and locking on to the target. There's no removing a hand from the weapon or making a manual adjustment, no cluttered field of vision, and no front sight blocking or casting a shadow on the optical sight. Just smooth, quick transitions that could help determine whether you win or lose a competition-or, even more importantly, a gunfight.
Fits: MIL-STD-1913 rail-equipped AR-15 / M16-type rifles.
NOTE: Dueck Defense Original or Fiber Optic Rapid Transition Sights are best for daylight use. Dueck Defense Tritium Rapid Transition Sights are best for low-light or nighttime use.
- Low-profile sights extend only .2" above top rail, don't interfere with primary optics or military IR illuminator /laser sight; same height above bore as standard-issue M4 / M16A4 sights
- 1/2 MOA elevation and windage adjustments
- Ambidextrous sights easily and securely mount to MIL-STD-1913 (Picatinny) rails using a flathead screwdriver
- Still works if primary optic is fogged, damaged, or obstructed
- Machined from lightweight 7075 aluminum, Mil-Spec hard anodized for extreme durability.
- Weight: Rear sight – 3 ounces (85g) / Front sight – 1.5 ounces (44g)
- Weight: 4.5 ounces (front + rear)