The UTM Man-Marker Round (MMR) is the first technology specifically designed, engineered, and expertly manufactured for safe force-on-force reality-based training anywhere. The wax based marking compound can be easily removed from fabric by washing with laundry detergent in a washing machine; hard surfaces can be simply wiped clean.
UTM MMR Training requires minimal Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), eliminating the need for expensive, restrictive and bulky protective safety gear. Training with UTM Man-Marker Rounds requires only approved safety goggles, protective face mask, protective gloves, and two layers of clothing.
UTM's Two Primer Cartridge System is the first to isolate the large amount of operational energy needed to cycle the weapon from the small amount of energy required for propelling the UTM Man-Marker projectile. The isolated primers allow for total control of the cartridge energies providing consistent velocities necessary for improved accuracy and controlled impact.
UTM Man-Marker Rounds Offer:
- Live Round Lockout, preventing "live" rounds from being fired while the weapon is converted to UTM.
- Realistic cyclic rates in semi-automatic and automatic weapons which match that of "live" fire.
- Typical 9mm Accuracy: 50mm (2ins) extreme spread at 10m (11yds), dependent on caliber and weapon variant.
- Typical 5.56mm Accuracy: 75mm (3ins) extreme spread at 25m (32yds), dependent on caliber and weapon variant
- Muzzle energy with an average of less than 3ft/lbs.
- Minimal noise and emissions.
- Simple clean up, UTM MMR's are not considered hazardous waste.