SureFire XVL2 Pistol and Carbine Light / Laser Module System - XVL2
The XVL2 Pistol & Carbine Light/Laser Module system is a paradigm shift in light and aiming laser systems. Proven technological advancements in tactical illumination are key design elements in the XVL2. Custom MaxVision Beam technology shapes the illumination beam into one that provides the optimum mix of projected illumination plus wide angle illumination for target acquisition and situational awareness. The MaxVision Beam technology keeps the XVL2 profile small and weight to a minimum to maximize the efficiency and efficacy of the warfighter.
The MaxVision Beam head assembly is paired with a co-aligned, dual-beam visible/Infrared laser module. The XVL2 laser carriage system houses a visible green (520nm) laser and an 850 nm infrared laser. This unique carriage system facilitates alignment of the visible and infrared laser simultaneously via an x-axis and y-axis adjustment platform. The x-axis and y-axis adjustment screws are sealed to protect against water ingress and to prevent contamination from debris. The adjustment screws feature incremental milliradian adjustment.
The dual Laser/LED system of the XVL2 efficiently generates both white and infrared light from a dual emitter LED module that allows the delivery of useful levels of tactical light and efficient run times in both visible and infrared spectrums using one 123A size lithium battery. An ambidextrous, momentary and constant-on switch located at the rear of the unit's body provides redundant switching. The local switching also facilitates using the XVL2 as a handheld light if removed from the host weapon.
- Virtually indestructible white-light and infrared LEDs regulated to maximize output and runtime
- Integral ambidextrous momentary- and constant-on switching
- Attaches securely to both Universal and Picatinny accessory rails
- Weatherproof O-ring and gasket sealing
- Accepts optional pressure-activated remote switches for precision control without altering grip on weapon
- Includes a nylon pouch to store the XVL2, mount key, safety screw key, cleaning cloth and lens cleaner
- Bezel Diameter: 1.06 inches
- Length: 3 inches
- Weight w/Batteries: 5 ounces
- Batteries: 1 123A (included)
- Training Mode Green Laser: <5 mW (520 nm)
- Training Mode Infrared: <0.7 mW (850nm)
- Tactical Mode Green Laser: <47 mW (±10%)
- Tactical Mode Infrared: <3 mW (±10%)
- Output White: 400 Lumens
- Runtime White: 1.5 Hours*
- Output Infrared: 300 mW